+1 206 41 41 211

Rerwiring faulty circuits in Seattle area

Faulty wiring in your home can not only be a nuisance, but it can also be very dangerous. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, 19% of non-residential building fires and 13% of residential fires are due to equipment, appliance, or electrical malfunctions. Fire risk can be reduced by replacing outdated and faulty circuits within electrical panels, equipment, and appliances. It is also very important to know the signs of faulty electrical wiring in your home. That's why we put a list of warning signs that you need to know you reduce the chance of fire in your household.
Warning signs:

Flickering or dimming lights
If your lights dim or flicker when you turn them on, this can be an indication of a fault in your wiring. If your lights are constantly flickering or dimming this may be a wiring problem, although good wiring can sometimes do this.

Buzzing lights
Your light switches and power outlets should be working without any sound, therefore, if they are buzzing (or they may be crackling or sizzling), then you should turn off your power and call us immediately.

Sparking or shock
If your sockets are sparking and/or giving you a shock, this is a big sign that your wiring is not reliable. Give us a call ASAP as repairs or fixture replacements need to occur as a matter of urgency.

Hot outlets
With this warning sign we are not suggesting you go and grab the electrical wiring in your home to see if it’s hot – please do not do that! We are suggesting go and see if any of your power outlets are generating heat without actually touching them. They may also be slightly vibrating, which is another sign to look out for. If any of your power outlets are doing either of these things, this is a pretty big indicator that your home has some faulty wiring.

Circuit breakers keep tripping
Although having a circuit breaker trip occasionally is annoying, it is likely just an overload of your home electrical circuits (and the circuit breaker doing its job!). However, if your circuit breaker is constantly tripping, this can indicate a wiring issue that needs to be addressed.

Charred outlets
If any of your power outlets are sporting charring, this can be an indication that the wiring underneath is releasing heat, which is almost always not a good thing. Get this checked out as soon as possible, as this can be an indication that your home could be at risk of an electrical fire

Strange burning odour
Finally, if there seems to be a strange burning smell coming from your wiring (similar to the smell of burning plastic), this is a big sign that there is a fault somewhere. See if you can use your nose to find the general location of the smell and call a local electrician as soon as possible, as this can potentially be quite dangerous as the fire damage may have already begun.

What should you notice of these signs?
Call us immediately before any further problems arise! The safety of your family members and you is the number one priority so call us ASAP and we will rewire all faulty circuits in Seattle area making your house safe for living.